Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Never read the fine print

So I was making (defrosting) a corn dog for Aidan. As a vegetarian I am often curious about meat products. I'm especially curious about novelty meats and any meat in "dog" form is definitely a novelty meat. I decided to read the ingredients to find out what meat(s) I was feeding my son. The first two ingredients: pork and mechanically separated turkey. Yum. Two meats that apparently taste great together. Aidan, who doesn't miss a trick, heard me talking about it which led to this exchange,

Aidan: Mommy (holding out his corn dog) wanna taste.
Mommy: No thank you.
Aidan: No try it. It's good.
Mommy: No thank you Aidan. I'm full.
Aidan: But it's turkey. You like turkey.
Mommy: No, I actually don't eat turkey.
Aidan: Yes you do (putting the corn dog in mommy's face) you like turkey. Here, try the turkey. Just eat this pine cone. (Looks at mommy and starts laughing).
Mommy: (Laughing too) Eat the what?
Aidan: I said pine cone. That's so silly. It's not a pine cone, it's a corn dog. Here eat it.


And speaking of corn dogs (how often do you get to say that?) Aidan knows how to cook them. He puts a dog on a plate, opens the microwave, puts it in, closes the door and pushes 7 and 0 and then presses start. Kinda amazing and sad.

1 Comment:

  1. Giggly said...
    Molly used to love corn dogs, now that she knows what meat is, she is a vegetarian. It's hard to feed a vegetarian child. Her new microwavable favorite is black bean taquitos. You should tell Aidan that his silly cousin Max likes to eat pine cones.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home