Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Fire

Here's a little snapshot of my life:
It's midnight. I'm sleeping when I hear an alarm go off. It takes me about 10 seconds to realize it's the smoke alarm. I'm not worried because these things make a similarly loud sound when the battery is low. I stumble into the living room and the first thing I notice is all of the smoke in the living room and nearby kitchen. Yikes! I panic a little now. I see that the source is in the kitchen somewhere. Once in the kitchen I see the problem, there is tons of smoke by the way. Husband was cooking. On the stove, just pouring out smoke, was a tortilla burning in a frying pan. The thing was black and tarlike. Nothing was actually on fire, but the smoke was incredible. I turned off the stove and went in search for husband. I find him asleep on the couch in the living room with smoke swirling all around him. He's literally sitting up (not leaning back) and snoring. I wake him up and apprise him of the situation. He turns off the smoke alarm and proceeds (very groggily) to make another quesadilla. What? Here's the problem. He was in the emergency room the night before for a bad reaction to some medication he's taking. The doctor prescribed him Ambien. All well and good, but husband took the Ambien before the quesadilla extravaganza and he fell asleep where he was sitting. Not a comforting thought. Fortunately no damage was done, but the house smelled like burnt toast for a couple of days.

1 Comment:

  1. Giggly said...
    Oh god, I can't help but laugh, Randy does this all the time, with out falling asleep!
    That is scary, thank goodness for fire alarms.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home