Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Robots

I know I promised more tales of woe, but those aren't fun to write. Instead I'll write about Aidan's love of robots (it knows no bounds.) His favorite robot is that lovable scamp Bender:










Isn't he cute? Aidan loves this guy. His love for Bender has translated to other robots. His latest
robot buddy is Wall E. I took him to see the movie and we loved it (****!).
Well his robot love took an odd turn yesterday. I received some birthday presents in the mail
yesterday from my lovely sister (thanks!),

Mommy: Look Aidan, I got some birthday presents from my sister, your Aunt Julie.
Aidan: Oh yeah...why?
Mommy: Because she loves me.
Aidan: I love her too.
Mommy: (reading the card) It's from Aunt Julie, Uncle Michael and Simon.
Aidan: Yeah, Simon is my Big Face.

Anyway. One of the gifts was a Mystery Science Theater 3000 video. Aidan saw the robots on the cover and demanded we watch the movie. These guys:



So I put the movie on. It's totally not anything that kids would be interested in, but those damn robots are there. I had to leave it on for the entire 2 hours. He wouldn't let me stop it or put something else on. He wasn't even watching it. He just wanted to know that it was on. The first time I changed the channel he protested,
Aidan: No mommy, put it back.
Mommy: But Aidan, it's not that great.
Aidan: No, it is great! It is.
So I had to put it back. Every time I changed the channel he would say, "mommy, it's great. It's really great. See the robots." He didn't need to watch the show, he just found comfort in knowing they were there.

2 Comments:

  1. Giggly said...
    That's so great!
    julia said...
    Hooray!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home