Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Baking

I love to bake. We recently got our oven fixed (it was broken for over a year) so I've been baking something everyday. Lasagna, cookies, muffins, casseroles. I've been baking up a storm. I do have a peculiarity about baking though. I typically will only bake with the ingredients I already have in my house. I wont make a special run to the store. This makes baking a challenge, but I'm usually able to find a recipe which can accommodate my pantry (thank you Internet). I come up with some pretty good recipes. Sugar cookies without eggs. Muffins without milk or butter.
Aidan is a super helper, "Mommy, can I mix the ingredients?" I usually put the measured ingredients in tea cups and let him pour them in one at a time. Typically as he pours in a new ingredient he says, "Bam!" Of course this is from Elzar (Futurama) and not Emeril. Speaking of Futurama...
This morning Aidan found a pirate tattoo and asked me to put it on him,
Aidan: Mommy, will you put this tattoo on?
Mommy: Sure. Where do you want it?
Aidan: On my butt. (naturally)
So on the tattoo went. He was happy with the results. He looked in the mirror and said, "Hey I've got a tattoo of pirate Bender on my ass!" That's my boy.

1 Comment:

  1. julia said...
    Bam! When Simon's a little older I plan to do more baking myself. I recommend pretzels. They're easy and fun to make.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home